Friday, November 24, 2006

Sigh. Weekend Where Are You?

TGIF? Not so much today. I'm hoping that this was just an off day and not a sign of how my weekend is going to go, because I really need a break.
  • It all started this morning, or really, last night, when I forgot to leave the front door unlocked for our cleaning lady who comes on Friday mornings. This means that she couldn't get into our house this morning, which means that one, our house is still really dirty and now I am going to have to clean it, and two, my mom is going to be mad and I'm going to have to listen to her go on and on about being responsible. I wasn't the only one home. Blondie could have remembered too, but of course I'm the oldest, so it's all my fault. Whatever. I'm the one who'll end up doing all the cleaning, too, not her.
  • Anyways, then I had to drop Blondie off at school, because she has a spare in the morning and no vehicle. Needless to say that I had to wait for her to be ready, so I was running late.
  • Then I skipped a couple of classes to hang out with friends, which wasn't really a good thing, per say, but I haven't hung out or even really talked to them for a long time, so it was much needed. After that I went to Latin, because I can't skip that class, and we had a quiz and assignment due and stuff.
  • After that I was done class for the day and was supposed to meet up with friends again for lunch, but somehow we missed each other, so I went to Tim's for my usual BLT.
  • Which took freakin' forever to get, because they had one till open with a huge line and the majority of the employees standing around in a clump watching the window painter decorate the windows for Christmas. When I finally got my sandwich I went to leave and decided to start eating it in the car because I was Starving! So I unwrapped, which, it turns out, was a good thing, because
  • They put mayo on my sandwich even though I specifically specified NO mayo and the person who took my order told the sandwich maker that, so I went back in and spent another 20 minutes of my life waiting in line. Yes everyone was still watching the window painter. I finally got a new, mayo free sandwich, which I promptly devoured on my way home. I made myself feel super sick, I ate so fast, but I was hungry. When I got home I went to shovel the sidewalk and
  • Promptly shredded my knuckle against the brick on the front/side of our garage. It wouldn't stop bleeding, but I couldn't feel it because my hands were too numb from the cold, so I let it bleed all over my jeans (unbeknowest to me, of course). When I finally finished, I went inside, and oh god, did it hurt. It didn't help that my hands were trying to unfreeze themselves in the most painful way possible. My fingers finally became functional just in time for me to realize that
  • I had forgot to swing by my grandparents to pick up some box of bacon my parents bought from my cousin's fundraiser. But I didn't have time to go get it then because
  • I had to go to work, where I had to deal with notoriously difficult artists all night, because it was the annual Christmas sale, so needless to say I didn't get
  • Any homework/studying done, and I won't again tomorrow, as the sale continues, and as the HauntedOldSchool boss is coming in as well, so I will have to make small talk with her all day long. But work finally ended and I was actually able to leave at a decent hour to meet up with my friends, only to learn that
  • They had decided to go to a movie instead and that it started early so I couldn't go (it was one I wanted to see too, finally (Stranger Than Fiction) compared to all the crappy movies I have had to go with them to) but even if it had been later, it wouldn't have mattered, because
  • My car wouldn't start! I spent the next ten minutes trying to find someone who could come give me a boost, only to realize that I was staring straight at the van of the cleaning chick who was currently inside HauntedOldSchool cleaning. So I asked her to boost me, which she nicely agreed to do, only my stupid car* still wouldn't start. She offered to let me use her AMA card, so I went inside to do that, only to have to wait on hold for 20 minutes.** At that point, Pops phoned me back, so I just said screw it and got him to come pick me up and left my car there. He's also going to give me a ride to work tomorrow morning. Hopefully my car will start after work tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Anyways, that leaves Blondie and I vehicleless this weekend as everyone else is out of town, which sucks, as I had a ton of errands I wanted to do tomorrow and we were going to go shopping on Sunday. Plus, if I can't get my car to start tomorrow, or get it boosted, I'm stuck without a car for who knows how long because I have to wait for HS to get back from Vegas sometime late Sunday or early Monday for him to fix it, but he won't get to it for who knows how long after he gets back, as he'll have to work and catch up on all the rental and sign stuff and whatnot that he's missed. And if I don't have a car to get to school, I will be royally pissed. I am not taking the bus!!***
  • So ya, that was my day. And I think I'm getting a cold, and I'm insanely tired, and this has been way too stressful of a week, and things aren't going to get any less stressed for a long time - probably not until after Christmas, actually - in fact, they are just going to get more stressed. All I want to do now is crawl into my nice warm bed and curl up and sleep for a year, but I have to get up tomorrow to go back to evil work (whose fault all this is - rational, I know), and grrrrrrr!
Why me???****

* I'm am dreadfully fearful that by calling it names, I am only further angering my car, and now it is going to have even more wrong with it than just a dead battery. I'm sorry, car. Please forgive me. I didn't mean all those things I said. I just want you back. Please.
** Gee you'd think that today was the first day it's snowed and dropped below -10 and whatnot since last winter. Oh wait, it is. And it's only supposed to get colder from here. -25 to -30 this weekend, without the wind chill factored in. It's all going to clear up before next weekend when I have to go camping, though, right? Yes, you read that right: camping. Coming soon to a computer near you: Im-Kay's Winter Camping Adventures!! There will be some good stories from that, I can tell you that right now. I love our girls, but oh boy, are they a handful. And there are 14! of! them! 14, I tell you! We have never had that many girls before. They are making me sound and feel like my mother. I am not that much older than them , I swear. But I digress. I could have used unseasonably sunny weather for a couple more weeks yet. (Global warming? Climate change? What are you talking about? That can't be bad - it makes it warmer! Riiiight.)
***We'll not get into the whole HS as bus driver thing right now. You'd think that for that reason his kids would be riding the bus all the time. Ya. Not so much. You won't get any of us on the bus unless absolutely direly necessary, and even then we will drag our heels about it and complain. But again, that's another story for another day.
****Because, you know, my day was so terribly horrible in the grand scheme of things. I am healthy. I am safe. I am warm. I am fed. I am loved. Hell, I'm even alive! I could have it much worse. (On a related note, go check out AtomicTumor. It is so insanely sad and real.)
*****Oh ya, right under my left breast, where it connects to my torso, really hurts. I think my bra was rubbing the skin raw, but the position is such that I can't really see, and I'm too lazy to go look in the mirror. But it hurts! Badly! Ok, ok, I know. TMI. I'm going now. I promise.


(But it hurts)

No comments: